We rely on our school families to help us accomplish so many great things for our students and families! Thank You for your support. We are using the SignUp.com site to allow parents to
select volunteer opportunities that fit their needs. Not only does this site allow you to select opportunities, but it will also track the hours you work (not including SCRIP credits). While this is our trial year with this 3rd party vendor, we ask that you please track your hours at home as well. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this new system.
Here are some are a few things you will need to know and follow:
- REGISTER your email address on SignUp.com. In the upper right corner there is a register link. You will need a registered email to view your logged hours earned.
- USE your FAMILY numbers. If you enter student numbers or any other characters, your hours may not be tracked properly. If you cannot remember your family number, please contact the school.
- ENTERING HOURS for non specific day/time slots only.
- You only need to enter hours for jobs that DID NOT have a specific day and time slot (Box Tops collections or Baking Committee).
- When entering “# of Slots” – keep adding to the number that shows when you are logged in and that shows when you select this option again. If you have already entered 2 slots, the next time you log in to enter more slots (hours), you will see the 2 already there. Add to this number and keep growing this number as you enter more hours during the year. Add the dates and what you volunteered for in the comments area.
- If you sign up for a specific duty with a date and time (Library Assistant on Tuesday, Sep 26th from 10 am – 11 am), these types of hours will be automatically tracked for you.
- Please do not add hours for SCRIP. We will give you those credits separately.
- You worked 2.5 hours decorating our school lobby. You would sign up for a 2 hour spot and one 30 minute spot. If you volunteered for an hour the next week helping the baking committee, you would enter this sign up (you should see your original 2 spots already showing in the total # of spots) and you would add to the total number of spots making it a 3. This will be a cumulative number that you will keep increasing over the school year. It will show you your current entered hours and you will add to it by raising the number up by your new contribution.
- You signed up for three days of morning car duty using the signup.com site. These had specific date and time slots and YOU DO NOT NEED TO ENTER THESE TYPE OF VOLUNTEER HOURS.
- HOW CAN I VIEW MY HOURS WORKED?
- As long as you have a registered email with SignUp.com, you may select PROFILE under your name in the upper right hand corner of the site. Scroll to the bottom of this page and review your options for emailing you a report for your Participant Hours Report. Volunteer duties you signed up for but have not done yet will also show in this report. So be aware that if you are tracking at home as well, that your totals may or may not include future hours.
If you have any questions, please contact Tina McMorland for help.
Take a look at the following opportunities to get started and check back during the school year as events are added! Please consider signing-up for one of the many service opportunities we offer! Remember that all volunteers must be Shield the Vulnerable certified before they are able to serve as a volunteer. Thank you for sharing your valuable time and efforts with St. Louis School!